Right Way to Legal Help

We at Jay’s Will Writers offer a full and comprehensive probate service.
‘Probate’ is a term used for a legal document which is recognised by all financial institutions.When there is a will the executor(s) who have been named in the will have to apply for this document from the Probate Office (often referred as “Administering the Estate”).Once the executor(s) are granted the probate it gives them the right to administer the estates i.e. distribute the assets and carry out the wishes of the deceased as stated in his or her will. In practice, different terms are used, depending on whether or not the deceased person left a will and where they lived. This information covers probate in England and Wales.If the person who has died didn’t leave a willIf there is no will, a close relative of the deceased can apply to the probate registry to deal with the estate. In this case they apply for a ‘grant of letters of administration’. If the grant is given, they are known as ‘administrators’ of the estate. Like the grant of probate, the grant of letters of administration is a legal document which confirms the administrator’s authority to deal with the deceased person’s assets.In some cases, for example, where the person who benefits is a child, the law states that more than one person must act as the administrator.
When a grant is needed

A grant is almost always needed when the person who dies leaves one or more of the following:
• £5,000.
• Stocks or shares.
• Certain insurance policies.
• Property or land held in their own name or as ‘tenants in common’.